As the winter season gets stronger outside your home you spend more time with your family indoors. It’s a great time to do renovations, spice things up, and cozy up to the change of seasons. If you have old furniture that needs fixing you can get it repaired by professionals by searching for “furniture repair near me”. Let’s figure out how you can add cozy touches for family days this winter:
- Rearrange your furniture – When the winter season arrives, and the temperature starts dropping it’s only natural to make things cozier in your home. You can start by rearranging the furniture in your home to enjoy the seamless warmth of the indoors. Outdoor barbeque parties are months away since the snow isn’t going to melt away from your backyard any time soon.
That’s why it’s best to pull away furniture from the walls and windows towards a cozier central location. This creates a cozier setting and concentrates the seating capacity of a room to one place so that the family can huddle up during cold winter movie nights.
- Add cozy lighting – Winter is known for long, dark chilly nights. While the snow and foliage-free trees are romanticized by authors and poets their initial charm wears off quickly and it’s nothing more than a gloomy setting. Even the days are shorter, and you get less light inside the home. Fortunately, you can switch it all up and drive away that gloominess with warm and soft lighting.
You can layer the lights according to your needs to achieve the perfect aesthetics and warm tones you’re looking for. While choosing floor lamps or pendant lights, pick metal or brass hues for the light fixtures to match the warm and cozy decor. You can also completely ditch metal and go for light fixtures made of wood. While metal has elegance, wood has a natural warmth that looks amazing even when the lights are off.
- Bring in the carpets – When it’s winter season every homeowner dreams about adding radiant water-based heating under their floor and ditching the heated air system that hogs away more energy and money. However, making such a big change is very inexpensive, especially if you don’t live in an extremely cold climate and only get two months of winter.
A viable and cozier alternative is to cover up the cold floors with fluffy rugs and shaggy carpets. In certain spaces like under the coffee table, under the bed, sofa set, and other such areas where you spend more time can do with some layered rugs for extra warmth.
- Update the bedding set – Summertime is up and the same needs to happen with your bedding set. Foldaway the cotton and linen bedding set and bring out layered bedding sets for those chilly nights. Winter is the perfect time to curl up with your loved one under layered bedding. To add cozy elements you can get quilts, blankets, and comforters with extensive textures on them. The same can be done with pillows on the bed. However, make sure to choose textures that don’t look out of place in your bedroom.
- Comfy sofa blanket – Winter is also a great time to add cushions to your couch. They are also an easy and inexpensive way to add to the winter home decor. Apart from being comfortable, they can also be very cozy and warm if you choose the right covers. You can select plush and thick designer cushion covers to enhance the aesthetics of your pillows and the couch. It’s also a small addition that makes a great impact on guests and visitors.
- Carve out a reading corner – Long and cold winters usually paint an indoor picture of people reading a book in their comfy chair in a corner while sipping on a cup of coffee. You don’t need to find a literal corner and hide your presence in these. Instead, you can carve out a reading nook anywhere in your home.
Identify an empty space in your home and cozy it up into the perfect little reading corner with a reading lamp, a reading chair, a blanket, carpet, and maybe a few pillows. You can also add a couple of paintings on the wall or add some art pieces on a floating shelf. Apart from being a cozy reading nook that can accommodate you and your book for hours, it also has the potential to become the focal point of a room.
- Warm up the window curtains – Summer drapes have served their purpose and need to go. During the winter season, you need thick layered curtains for extra warmth. This little trick adds visual warmth to the room and gives you an easy way to freshen up the decor. You can choose thick drapes with different colors, textures, and depth to complement the room interiors perfectly.
- Cozy up to your dining table – A bare wooden dining table with rustic styling looks amazing during the summer season. However, your dining table set could use a bit softer plush and coziness during the winter. You can try out mats, runners, and all kinds of attractive tableware accessories. The seats can also be dressed up with plush covers so that you’re protected from the cold.
- Get on with the trends – A new season is a great opportunity to get on some new decor trends. During the winter season, you can say goodbye to minimal aesthetics and incorporate large decor items like mirrors, paintings, and fixtures with gold and brass finishes. You can also frame your memories in metal or wood to make your place feel cozier with your heart’s warmth every time you see those pictures.
As you can see, there are several ways to add cozy touches to your home. From shifting around existing furniture to adding lights, paintings and changing the decor. Winter is also a lazy time that provides you the perfect opportunity to fix your old broken furniture. You can get your furniture repaired by professionals by searching for “furniture repair near me”.